Is it possible to convert my existing fixture to use and LED bulb?

Written By Harvey


March 31, 2014

It is as easy as changing the bulb. If you are using a halogen, CFL or incandescent bulbs in existing fixtures or lamps you can just change the bulb to an LED equivalent. LED 120V AC bulbs are available with a standard E26 medium screw type base or a GU10 base. If you need to replace a PAR20, PAR30 or PAR38 the LED bulb is the same dimensional size as its traditional style counterpart. LED replacement bulbs have a driver built into the bulb to convert the line voltage 120V to low voltage. Many LED bulbs run on only 12 volts! Your energy savings will be up to 80% of what you are currently paying for incandescent and halogen bulbs. You can easily determine your savings and ROI with the Energy Savings Calculator on our website.

Do you have any MR16 Halogen bulbs in your home or office? The most popular MR16 Halogen is a 50W bulb that produces a LOT of heat and does not last very long. A quality MR16 LED replacement will operate at both 12V AC (this is what your halogen bulb is) or 12V DC. You can replace these 50W bulbs with an LED that runs on 7-9 watts with very little heat and a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours.

Please be sure any 120V LED replacement bulb you buy has the proper electrical certification as required by code. CE (European Standard) or UL (US Certification) and not accepted in Canada. To assure your safety the LED replacement you buy should have cUL, cETL or CSA approval. If you have any questions please give us a call and we will be glad to help.

You May Also Like:

Edmonton Showroom Now Open!

Edmonton Showroom Now Open!

Our Edmonton showroom is now open! We have reconfigured our showroom to keep everyone safe during these unprecedented times. A Plexiglas...

LED Therapy

LED Therapy

How LED Lighting Can Positively Impact Your Health What if I told you that your post lunch coffee was no longer necessary AND you could...